My Blog List

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Awesomesauce, With a side of bile and hatred, Part one.

I love my Daughter....
with all of my heart and soul,the sun in my life quite literally rises and sets on her.
I am truly sorry that me and her Mother can't seem to get along.

Which brings us to the latest in these demented rants.

Lil is smart, like "smartest kid in the whole school smart"
Back when she was little (about 7 or 8 I guess) she remarked to me that she was bored with school.
"Daddy" she says to me "How come the teacher keeps teaching me stuff that I already know?"

Well, I could honestly relate, I got bored with school at about that same age, figured out how to make barely passing grades with no effort whatsoever. All I wanted was to be left alone to read.....
still ended up with a full-paid college scholarship that I proceeded to waste because I had no idea how to apply myself and study.

One nice sunny day, not long after Lil was born,facing a 16 hour shift with the temp on the paper machine floor hovering around 140 degrees I vowed to myself that I would never let that happen to my Daughter.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with the career that I have, but a man tends to wonder about what "might have been" when the "physical" side of the Millwright world comes to call.

Anyhoo, I started explaining to Lil about LSMSA and everything that they could offer a smart,beautiful child like her. "Lil", I said "Daddy really wanted to go there when he was a kid, but he was lazy and his grades weren't good enough, so you'll have to try really hard if you want to go there"

Little did I know that this would inspire a dream in Lil to do just that. She had to submit an essay about "Why I want to go to LSMSA"when she first started the application process. It literally brought tears to my eyes when I read it, her opening paragraph recounted that long ago conversation.

Of course she got accepted.
Lil is truly her Father's daughter, from her left handedness to her love of reading, her taste in music,her love of computers, even proving that Girls CAN rock at Warcraft... we were best friends for 11 years.
I did my best to teach her that the world was hers for the taking. That she was the smartest,coolest,prettiest little girl in the whole wide world. (Because she was and is)

If 15 years ago I had called up God and custom ordered everything a man could want in a Child, she is exactly what He would have sent.

I am truly grateful and extremely full of pride that she worked so hard and earned this opportunity.

It's a damn shame that it has to be tempered by hatefulness and bile.

See part 2 for the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment