My Blog List

Sunday, August 7, 2011

You better do what WE say....or else.....No,wait, we meant Him, not You.

Honestly,
The Double standards that our wonderful "justice system" seems to apply never ceases to amaze me. Your average person, (or at least a stupid Millwright from Saline, La.) would tend to think that when something was "court-ordered" it meant just that, either do what the law says or get held in contempt of court and face the consequences....after all, I shell out roughly $1200 a month because I am court ordered to,I just spent 6 months on probation because I got behind, they made it very very clear that if I didn't pay up they would put me in jail.

That really isn't what if means for everyone though.

Lil's mom seems to have a problem with me being her Father. Even though I worked my ass off to provide, nurtured, comforted,taught and tried to be Super Daddy to Her through all the years we were married, somehow our divorce voided all of that and I became a twice removed uncle who is deserving of hatred and meanness at every turn. (She has no problem taking the money that my blood and sweat earn though.)

As I have said before, I am supposed to have specific custody rights with my Daughter, "court ordered"......these have been violated time and time again over the last few years. From months being completely denied any and all access to holidays and weeks or weekends blown off. Countless hours have been spent agonizing over time lost. Literally reading hundreds of studies and opinions about the importance of a child, (especially a girl) having regular and frequent contact with their DADDY. I have talked to three lawyers, a judge, and a district attorney about the denial of my right to be a Father to my Daughter.
The lawyers just want your money, $3000.00 with only a 50/50 chance of success is laughable, the others just tell you that you need a lawyer....LOL.

None of them ever told me I could try and remedy all of it on my own.
Thanks to Google and rat-terrier like determination I found this though....(the link takes you to the text of the law) La. R.S. 9:346 - ACTION FOR FAILURE TO EXERCISE OR TO ALLOW
VISITATION, CUSTODY OR TIME RIGHTS PURSUANT TO COURT ORDERED SCHEDULE; JUDGMENT AND AWARDS.
It seems that I could file a "Motion to show cause", various giggles of glee and dancing ensued.
I have argued a thousand times that while I am forced to obey she has never been accountable for anything.....finally "they" would see to it that time with my Daughter wasn't subject to the whims and miasmas of her mother.

BOY WAS I WRONG AGAIN.

When we went to court the judge "went off the record" in order to listen to what I had to say, Evan then proceeded with a complete and total pack of lies about all of it. (We were off the record and not sworn in so I guess that made lying ok)

The judge then proceeded to go back on the record and completely ignore what the law says.
He didn't hold her in Contempt.
He didn't make any provisions for make up visitation.
He sure as hell never even contemplated my request for a change of "domiciliary custody" to protect my rights.....even though the law clearly states he should have granted it.
He pretty much just told her to obey it from now on. Just the faintest of brushings on the wrist.

I truly believe that if she had filed the motion he would have keelhauled me.
Evidently though, in Bienville Parish the law only applies if they want it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment